Feedback Project Final

Start Screen
Level 1








Settings Screen
User-Interface types
I have chosen to represent diegetic, non-diegetic, and spatial user interface elements in my game. These elements were a bit tough to make using this engine. Stencyl was ridden with bugs and errors that plagued my entire development process. Between sessions errors came up that were bordering on driving me insane. Things began to not work when in the previous session everything was working properly, that being said lets dive into my elements.

Spatial 

For spatial I made a score counter that keeps track of the players score. As the player destroys the enemies on the screen they gain score. And If i could Im thinking a cool animation would be as the score increasing the number flip like how number flip on a old digital clock. Theres different ways I can take this score tracker, though im not sure what/how exactly I want to approach it.

Diegetic

Now for diegetic I made the setting page a cockpit, in which the player can interact with their physical ship. The player will be able to control whether or not they want music with the buttons in their ship. I find this version of settings much more immersive than other formats. I really enjoy how the game series Metro does this. They almost have all of their indicators and some settings inside of their game the player can interact with. 

Non-Diegetic

Lastly for non-diegetic I made buttons the player can navigate the screens with and I used colors that I feel are "space" colors. I did this to stay in the theme of space and galaxies. I feel though with my buttons I could've done something different, maybe switch things up entirely and make the start screen the cockpit and make the settings screen a side of the cockpit or something. Those are just ideas, and I could return to this and make those changes at some point. Though for this iteration of my game I feel this is a good bench mark.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Titanfall deserves a Titanfall 3 BLG#3

Unreal Engine 4 Overlays

Flow Charts and Discover-ability