Blog #2

Ideas and Inspirations

The idea I'm going for in this new/innovative screen for Space Invaders is inspired by two games I've played before : No Man's Sky and Elite Dangerous.
New Space Invaders UI/Home
In both games there is a component in which the player sits in the Ship and is able to look around "interact" with the different buttons and panels within the cockpit. I'm still debating whether or not this game would be a touch game (Phone game) or a game that is controlled with an external device. Though for this I will be going down the path of external device. The player will be able to look around the cockpit and access the panels via moving the camera to focus in on certain panels. So the player would be in first person view while in the cockpit and after starting the game the perspective would change to the classic Space Invaders view of top down/Third person.

Animations
I figured that when the player looked at a panel within the ship the animations would include the panel being zoomed in on becoming a normal setting or credits screen, then if the player would to exit the panel it would zoom out back to the "hub" of the ship where the player is free to look around again. 

Flow Diagram


Since the player will be able to look around the "Main Hub" (Thats what im referring to it as) the Flow Diagram is a bit wonky due to the ability of the player being able to look around and focus on the panels in the cockpit.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Titanfall deserves a Titanfall 3 BLG#3

Unreal Engine 4 Overlays

Flow Charts and Discover-ability